Monday, July 16, 2012

Wake Up Call

So, having won a writing contest recently with no cash prize, tonight I decided to look into other writing contests that do have cash prizes.

A couple of bummers.

You have to pay to submit your writing to the contests; from what I've seen so far, it looks like $10-22 per submission. Which would be fine if I weren't so broke. Guess I'm not so much surprised as disappointed.

Also, most of these places want work that is unpublished, to which I said Duh, until I discovered that includes blogs. Well crap. I've put some good stuff on here already, and now I can't use it. Also, that means I will be less inclined to put my writing on here, knowing that will exclude it from other things. But part of the reason I started this blog is to share my writing with you all.

These are not crises, just a wake-up call. I'm slowly climbing into the professional writer swimming pool. Maybe it's for the best I don't dive in whole-heartedly? I'm still trying to figure all of this out and get into the writing habit again.

So I'm sort of bummed.

Anyway, I will try to put up one or two better blog posts tomorrow, this one is a little boring, and very short; I apologize.


And, 20 minutes after I originally posted this, I realized...

THIS IS PRACTICALLY THE SAME THING AS GAMBLING.

Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment