Friday, July 13, 2012

Sick Day + Puppy Pics

I hate calling in sick to work. I always have, even when I was just a courtesy clerk at a grocery store. And it has happened more than once that I have been sent home sick from work when I shouldn't have been there in the first place.

That being said, there are some days when it isn't a good idea to be using sharp instruments on live animals...like when you need to run to the bathroom on a moment's notice and keep a close eye on your trash can.

So here I sit, at home, upset that all my customers had to be rescheduled. More than just the idea of missing work, I HATE my customers being inconvenienced. But it's for the best; they wouldn't want me grooming their dogs in my condition anyway.

So I'm trying to cheer myself up with puppy pics of Hailey and Dillin.

Before I got Dillin, this was Hailey's best friend. He is a wire-haired dachsund, just two weeks older than Hailey, who belongs to one of my coworkers.


 Seeing how Hailey interacted with Jonah and other dogs at work is why I decided to find a friend for Hailey in the first place. She used to HATE leaving work, and at home she'd act all depressed and sleep all the time.


She was so desperate for companionship that she would even sleep next to Rogue, a westie belonging to one of my coworkers, who is a little picky about who she likes and is not super thrilled with Hailey.


Here she is doing her best Snooki impression. She gets cold easily, and I didn't have heat at the time, so the sweater was for practical rather than fashion reasons.



And here she is portraying the horse head from "The Godfather."


She didn't like this haircut very much, but here she is laying next to another coworker's dog. This is Baker the bichon.


A week before Christmas, I found and brought home Dillin. This picture was taken the day after I got him, before I had a chance to try to fix the home haircut he came with. So yeah, I got my "child" a puppy for Christmas.


Two days after I got Dillin, first day bringing him to work. They aren't best friends yet, but at least they don't hate each other.



Dillin after his first haircut, looking not as scruffy.


Same day, both sharing the food bowl without complaint. Hailey isn't jealous! I was slightly worried since it had been just her and I for about 5 months before I brought Dillin home.


Play time!


Christmas Eve. I love this pic!


Friends!


This is one of my all-time favorite pics of them together. Hailey isn't usually quite so snuggly.



I tried to give Dillin a mohawk for a while, but I could never get it even.



Skinnier (but crooked) mohawk.


Play with me!!!


Dillin's current look.


Hailey's current look.


Playtime, blurry style.


OK, I know I feel better now, I hope I put some smiles on your faces as well. Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Dillin rocks the mohawk. You should keep trying!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe as he gets a little better about having his face handled I'll try again. I'll never get a straight mohawk with as much as he fusses about me handling his face.

      Delete