Sunday, July 29, 2012

Family, Part 2

I love watching my mom interact with her brother. He lives out of state, so I don't get to see him very often. Not only does he have a great sense of humor, but he is really the only person on the planet (that I am aware of) who can get away with ribbing my mom like that. And I get to hear stories from when they were kids - like apparently my mom once stabbed my uncle's hand with a fork because he reached in front of her.

I also love to see my brother and his wife interacting.When I see the way he looks at her, I wonder if he is the same person I grew up with. He really is a better man since he met her. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned all this before, so I apologize if you already know how in awe of my sister-in-law I am. I suppose it shouldn't surprise me that she was able to tame my brother - after all, she is a preschool teacher. I sometimes wonder what made her fall in love with him to begin with, but he is definitely lovable now that she's gotten to him.

Back to the Facebook thing I think I mentioned the other day, how Facebook brings me closer to my out of state family; I got to read some of my cousin's writing today. I didn't know she liked to write, also (I do remember she is an incredible artist). So that was really neat, another way to get closer to her. She's pretty good, too.

OK, that's it for tonight, it's late. As always, thanks for reading and feel free to comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment