Thursday, July 19, 2012

Spa Day for the Pups

So I finally brought the pups in and groomed them today. This is the longest I've ever gone in between grooms, about six weeks. I rarely bring them with me to work anymore because they get too overwhelmed, so that means I have to come in on my day off to groom them. A half hour drive each direction and three hours of work once I get there...I've just been lazy.

Anyway, here are Dillin's before pics.





Here are Hailey's before pics.





This is Dillin washed, dried, and brushed but no haircut yet.


Here's Dillin after, looking a little more manly. 



Here's how I eventually wound up with this cut on his head: I never liked long poofy ears and I didn't want to brush them, so I've kept his ears short since I got him. When  he first joined my family, he had REALLY bad tears stains. Going from a teddy bear head to the mustache was an attempt to get rid of his tear stains. I still couldn't get rid of them entirely, but it helped.


 Even after changing his food several times, I still couldn't get rid of them. So even though it's a little expensive, I tried Angels' Eyes, and it worked like a miracle! Within a couple weeks, the tear stains were gone, and even though I stopped using the Angels' Eyes, they still haven't come back. 


Anyway, I thought it would be strange to have a large topknot with a mustache since he is a cockapoo and not pure poodle. I tried a mohawk for a while, but I couldn't get it straight, partly because he is really fussy about having his face handled and partly because his hair is too wavy. Anyway, that is how I finally came to settle on his current look.


Here's Hailey, clean and brushed, no haircut yet.

Here she is all done. I hate taking her this short (1/2 an inch) but she just gets dreadfully hot otherwise.


Can we go home now please?


Luckily they both do fairly well with grooming. Dillin is perfect for the bath and very good for the dryer except for his face, and he's even doing better for that. Hailey HATES the bath and tries to run away. When I finally catch her and get her in the tub, she doesn't try to escape, just stands there shaking and miserable. She isn't much of a fan of the blow dryer, either. She makes up for it by being very good for the whole haircut. She LOVES to be brushed. She doesn't like to stand, which can be irritating, but that's ok. Dillin is a little fussy for his feet and head, but otherwise he also does well for the haircut.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed these pictures, I'll keep them coming if you like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment