Friday, July 20, 2012

Tragedy and Life

After a tragedy such as what our country has experienced today in Aurora, Colorado, what else could I talk about?

It doesn't make any sense that something as harmless as going to see a movie could take your life. The most dangerous thing about going to see a movie should be the drive there and back, not the movie itself.

It is terrifying to realize that our lives could end at any moment for any reason - or no reason at all.

But instead of being afraid, we need to embrace that realization. Don't life your life in fear of death -

EMBRACE IT.

Let me explain.

We all procrastinate to some degree or another. I'll start that diet next week, I'll quit this job next month, next year maybe I'll settle down and get married. Here's the thing...

We may not get next year, next month, next week, or even tomorrow.

So don't wait. Don't procrastinate. Whatever you want from life -

GO GET IT.

Just do it. I don't know about you, but I don't want my final moments to be thinking about shoulda, coulda, woulda.

So I am going to figure out exactly what I do want from life and go get it! I don't want any regrets at the end of my life.

Also, I've realized or remembered just how important it is to always...let me emphasize this...

ALWAYS TELL YOUR LOVED ONES HOW MUCH YOU CARE!

You may never get another chance.

I also recommend more hugs than usual.

Remember, we only get one life, or even if you believe in reincarnation - LIVE THIS ONE TO THE BEST.

All my love to those of you who take time from your day to read my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment