Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hailey and the Bug

For whatever reason, I am having a hard time working on my current project; it has taken me an hour and a half to write 600 words. So I figured I would do a blog post to try to get my brain juices flowing again.

I was looking through my recent pictures for inspiration, and I found one I had forgotten about.

This was the day I brought them in to work to groom them. I was getting their leashes ready and had my back turned when I heard Hailey jump on the door twice. I said Yes, Yes, I'm coming, hold your horses, and then I turned around and saw this:


That's a pincer bug she's trying to get (I must stop and interject here: I had originally spelled it "pincher" and spell check's suggestions were puncher, pincer, pinches, pitcher, and pinched. Yes, my mistake, I was talking about a puncher bug.).

Anyway, Hailey is a very good bug catcher, and there was no way she was leaving the house without getting the bug first. So I stood back and snapped pictures while she reached as high as she could and then some.

GET BACK HERE!


But patience prevailed and the bug eventually wandered within Hailey's reach.


Of course Dillin felt he deserved to have some fun with the bug too, so he butted in.


And Hailey is such a good big sister that she was willing to share.


Dillin seemed to lose it after a minute, so I don't know if he ate it and forgot or if it somehow escaped the attention of all three of us and escaped. In any case, I haven't seen it since.

As much as I loved Dexter, bugs just weren't his thing, so it's fun to have dogs who like to catch bugs (unless you're outside and they are tracking yellow jackets).

Well, that's it for now, I will always come back to bring you more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment