Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pancake fail

Yes, those are supposed to be pancakes.
I don't cook much. Money is tight, though, which equals kitchen adventures for me.
I wasn't brave enough to buy a whole box of Bisquick, so I found a pouch of chocolate chip pancake mix that made a dozen pancakes. Perfect, right?
The directions said to add a little more water for thinner pancakes. I don't like super heavy pancakes, so I filled my measuring cup somewhere between 1 cup and 1 1/4 cups.
The batter was too thin. Looking back, I probably could've thrown in a dash of flour; instead I wished for an "undo" button and hoped for the best.
I wound up with things barely thicker than crepes.
And apparently my spatula skills suck.
Luckily they still tasted good, but it got me thinking:
Men joke around about "losing their man card" when they do something they perceive as unmanly. Do women have a "woman card"? And if so, can screwing up pancakes revoke it?
But isn't that what women's rights is all about: anything you can do I can do better.
So doing something unladylike would be more of a win, than a loss, right?
Strange logic, I know.
So go me, Queen of the Pancake Fail!


No comments:

Post a Comment