Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Maintenance Frustration

If you aren't current on the Saga of the Leak, read here first: Maintenance Man.

So it's been two or three weeks since I've seen a maintenance person in here (ironically, one appeared halfway through this sentence). I've been frustrated enough having to deal with the crap in my dining room, the hole in my ceiling, the incessant drip drip drip 24 hours a day, and emptying out the 5 gallon bucket every 4 days or so.

So you can imagine how irate I was an hour and a half ago when I was sitting here at my computer and realized the drip drip drip sounded different. I discovered a new hole in the old pan in the ceiling, this one not leaking into a bucket in the closet but right in the middle of the hallway connecting my bedroom and my bathroom.



I was planning on calling them today anyway to see if the parts they were supposed to order last Tuesday are in yet.

This is getting ridiculous.

The manager was "in a meeting," so I was told he would call me when he got done, but the girl on the phone had no idea what time that would be.

Great.

So I'm sitting here, steaming mad (after taking a video of the new leak) and starting this blog post when a maintenance guy knocks on my door. I haven't seen him before, but by all means, please come in and help me!

He came in and looked at everything and said that my entire system needed to be replaced (which I was told a week or two ago) and the parts would be in in two weeks. Apparently my system is so old they don't make the parts anymore, so they had to be special ordered or something.

I asked if there was at least a temporary fix to (at a BARE MINIMUM) patch up the leak in the hallway in the meantime. He said yes, told me he had to make a call and get some supplies, and left for about 10 minutes.

When he came back, he had a roll of what at first looked like a giant roll of duct tape but actually turned out to be a strange combination of fruit by the foot and industrial strength silly putty.

So he patched up all the leaks, and I'm REALLY hoping the patches will last. It is SO nice not to hear that dripping anymore.

Anyway, after they do get the parts, it will take one day to replace the whole thing, one day to replace the drywall, and one day to clean the carpet in the closet, hallway, and dining room where they stashed all their crap.

Hopefully within three weeks, this whole closet leak disaster will finally be over. I bet I still won't have a proper thermostat, but that seems like small potatoes compared to this.

***

And while I'm attempting to load the video I took, I discover that plugging the two original leaks has now created a new leak. Oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment