Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Journal

My brain is empty. I feel the need to post a blog post tonight, though. I'm putting so much pressure on myself. I like the pressure. Embrace the pressure. Do not be intimidated by it. Love it. Feel your power.

What do I want from life? I'll be 30 in about 2 months. I know that I do want to make a living by writing, preferably on my own schedule. Writing on a strict deadline all the time like a journalist would make me insane.

I want to find love someday. Most of the time I am okay being single, but in my quietest moments, I do wish I had somebody besides my dogs to keep me company. Somebody I love who loves me back. Through sickness and health and all that.

I want to figure out how to train my dogs a little better. I hate that I groom and write about dogs and mine can be so unruly. Hm, project for my next day off: Google dog training and try to pick up some pointers.

I want to eventually make enough money to be able to travel. I love to travel and hate that I can't afford it right now. I can't even afford to pay someone to watch my dogs in order for me to leave town (I don't know anybody willing to watch my Little Monsters for free).

I want to want to lose weight enough to actually do something about it. Right now, I'm so lackadaisical about even wanting to lose weight that I'm not in any frame of mind to actually tackle that issue.

This is sounding like a whine list, and since I might just go ahead and publish this as a blog post, here is a list of things I am grateful for.

I am grateful for my loving and supporting family and friends. I wouldn't have the nerve to tackle my dreams without them. (For more about my family, read here and here.)

I am grateful for my awesome job and coworkers. This is by far the best place I have ever groomed.

I am grateful for my dogs, even if they can be a little naughty. They keep me grounded by preventing my head from floating too high in the clouds. They also bring me up when I'm feeling down. If you are new to my blog, you can read about Hailey and Dillin here and here and here and here.

I am grateful to have a (leaky) roof over my head. Read about my leaky ceiling here and here.

I am grateful to have a fairly reliable car.

Also, I am grateful that Blogger makes it so easy to do a blog and insert links; my computer/internet skills are somewhere between beginner and intermediate.

Incidentally, I was going to try to add an ad for Blogger here, but instead I found this:



...OK, never mind, I guess. Blogger now won't cooperate and put in the ad I wanted. It was for a T-shirt that says "I'm SO blogging this." I would totally buy it if I had money...also if the link actually worked.

Anyway, if you're still reading, thanks for coming inside my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment