Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Haircuts

Like most groomers, I do a lot of the same haircuts day after day, dog after dog. I LOVE doing something even just slightly different from the "norm." Today was perfect, I had a lot of less-than-usual haircuts. They aren't exactly "unusual," just not exactly the same as every other dog I normally do.

My first dog of the day was a Goldendoodle, one of my regulars. They like her head, tail, and ears to be shorter than most other doodles.


Her head actually isn't too much shorter than I would normally do, but her tail and ears are DEFINITELY shorter than normal. I love it because I hate brushing matted ears and tails. That's why I keep Dillin's ears short, so I don't have to brush them.

My next dog was another regular, a Cockapoo (OK, I finally looked to see what spell check wanted me to change Cockapoo to, and it suggested, among other things, cockchafer. What in the world is a cockchafer???!!!). They like his head to be ENORMOUS. They also like him to dry curly, and since we don't do any kennel drying, that means I have to do the entire haircut before the bath and send him home damp.


I really wish I could wash and dry him before doing his haircut, I don't think I do a very good job on his head like this. He does HATE the dryer, though, and his owners LOVE this haircut. So I guess it works out okay.

After lunch, I had another Cockapoo. This dog is a regular of my groom shop but not me necessarily. Anyway, they like his head, ears, and tail to be short.


I think he's cute like this. No giant head, no poufy ears. Just short and sweet.

Next I had a full-coat Havanese. We rarely see full-coat dogs of any breed, and certainly not Havanese. She hadn't been to our shop since February. I guess she went somewhere else in between, but it had definitely been a while. This picture was taken right after the bath and blow dry and before I brushed her out.


This picture doesn't even do justice to how matted she was. I barely had to do any trimming, mostly just feet and visor, but she took almost 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. I can do a Standard Poodle in that amount of time. Here's the after picture. This was the least blurry picture I took. By the time I was done, she was ready to get out of there and wouldn't hold still or look at me.


That's a lot of hair, and that is definitely outside the normal range of what I do on a daily basis.

I also groomed a "Dachsador" - a Dachsund/Labrador mix. I was so tired that I forgot to take a picture of her.

I'll try to keep the pictures coming; they seem to be popular. As always, thanks for reading and feel free to leave any comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment