Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Anticipation

I don't know if I've mentioned this yet or not, but the place I work is expanding, and I'm headed to a new groom shop very soon!

The original location of the company I work for was just a store with no grooming. Due to overwhelming demand for grooming, a second location was opened with grooming. That is where I work right now. Business has been absolutely booming, so the original location just moved into a bigger space next door to their original location and added grooming! The big store move happened last week, but the grooming isn't quite ready yet.

Hopefully within the next week or two at the most, I will be in my new work home!

I'm very excited about this. I don't know the employees of the other store as well, but they aren't strangers.

The layout and setup are slightly different, but basically the same.

We get all new equipment - including the MOST AMAZING TUB EVER! I don't know if this is the exact one, but I found a pretty close match on Amazon.com.


Master Equipment Superior Stainless Tub Right Plumbed, 48-Inch


New Tub

I wish I could figure out how to post the picture; you'll just have to follow the link.

In any case, it's shorter than what we have now, and there is an opening that is lower and wider than our current tub. These features will make it MUCH easier to get big dogs in the tub.

It also has the option to move the grates from the bottom of the tub to near the top of the tub for smaller dogs, which my back is VERY happy about. Look at that tub, picture a Maltese cowering in a corner with the grates on the lower level, and mentally figure out how much you would have to bend over to scrub that dog. Yeah, not good.

The fact that there are two grates and it looks like they come apart into two pieces each should make it SO much easier to clean than the giant one-piece grate we have now. Why is that important? Sometimes big, hairy dogs need to be blow dried in the tub rather than on the drying table, and the hair gets EVERYWHERE. The entire grate gets covered in hair, and it isn't very easy to get it all off.

So yeah, I'm pretty excited.

By the way, moving to the new location will cut my commute IN HALF!

All in all, it's all the benefits of getting a new job without the downsides.

I've been looking forward to this for about a month and a half already, but now that the actual store has moved and the tub is here, the switch is finally in sight!

I'll probably take pictures at some point of our current tubs and the special new one. I think my excitement will make more sense with pictures. I'll keep you updated and post about the move when it happens!

3 comments: