Thursday, August 2, 2012

Randomness, With Pics

This is why I have curtains.


Hailey gets worked up over every person to walk by and Dillin gets worked up by every dog that walks by. With my patio door facing the courtyard, it can get a little out of control sometimes. I use that red dog bed to smoosh the curtains against the door, but they still manage to get through to look outside. I think I need to get some fabric and double-sided tape to more permanently cover the windows. Otherwise, anybody have advice?

It's interesting because my mom has taken them out a couple of times while I was at work, and she says they're fine. When I take them out, they're lunatics. The dog park they are building here at my apartment complex should be opening fairly soon, and I am hoping that a) they will do better off leash than on the leash. This has proven to be true in the past at other dog parks I have taken them to. And b) the extra exercise will help them calm down a little. I ought to walk them more, but when they are so crazy on the leash and my feet are killing me from work...I tend to be too lazy.

In other news, I love my massage guy. No matter how tense I am or how much pressure he uses, I never wake up bruised the next day like I had with previous massage therapists. He's super friendly, too; I love talking to him. And I splurged on an hour and a half massage today because favoring my injured ankle has put strain on my other foot plus my legs and back, and all this typing after spending all day holding dogs, clippers, sheers, and brushes is kind of a nightmare on my hands.

This is the Dillin that I love.


He LOVES to chew on bones (and carpet when I'm not paying attention). He also likes to stockpile them, as you can see in the background.

Here is the quiet Hailey I love.


When she isn't freaking out about every human being who isn't in her "circle," she's a very sweet, relaxed doll of a dog.

And here they are posing.



I get mixed feeling from watching the Olympics. On the one hand, I feel like, Jeez, most of them are younger than I am, and look at what they've accomplished! And I get sad and feel like a loser. But I also look and say hey, they had a dream, they worked hard for it, and they got it, and if I work hard, I can get my dream, too.

OK, last piece of randomness. I was looking through my pictures and wanted to share this picture of Dexter's smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment