Monday, August 6, 2012

Like the Hamburgler Eats Hamburgers

My free business cards came in the mail today, thanks to Klout and MOO! I'm so excited; it's another way for me to help spread the word about The Writing Groomer.

Here's the back of the card.


And here's the blurry front. Yes, I intentionally take pictures that reflect my astigmatism, why do you ask? Ha ha ha.


Anyway, I feel a little more official now. Anywhere I go, I can easily talk about my blog and send people there with my card. Except for the fact that I'm too shy to talk to strangers. But I'll have to work on that, because I am REALLY determined to make this work. (By the way, it should go without saying, but if you like my blog, please share with your friends and family :-) )

My pictures are a little random today, so I apologize for not having a good central theme. It's just a quirky sort of a day, I guess!

OK, here are some pictures of what the bathing area of the groom shop looks like after blow drying a Bernese Mountain Dog that hadn't been groomed in six months. By the way, High Velocity Dryers are the best invention ever! All this hair I now don't have to brush out of the dog. Personally, my hands prefer the dryer over any brush, comb, or deshedding tool.




Yeah, groom shops eat up Shop Vacs like the Hamburgler eats hamburgers.

And that's not even really a lot of hair for such a big hairy breed. Oh, and in case you were wondering, wet hair sticks to everything, so the towels help prevent the hair from sticking to the floor and bottles and escaping under the door.

I got to do a lion cut on a Portuguese Water Dog today. I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've gotten to do that. Most of the Porties in my area get Retriever clips (I do plenty of those, so I'll take pictures of that one of these days for comparison). Here's a picture.


I don't usually take Portie muzzles quite that short, but that's how the owner likes it. And sorry about all the spots on the table - that's hair stuck to the table with Portie drool. And she isn't that bad of a drooler compared to a lot of Porties.

Here are some before and after pictures of a Maltese I did today. He gets clean feet, which is unusual. Here's the before. Clean feet look a little strange when they are grown out.


Here's a non-blurry after.


And here's a blurry shot of his face. What can I say, my phone doesn't take very good pictures of things that move, and I don't have time to take dozens of pictures in hopes of getting a good one.


OK, I'll end with a nap time picture of Hailey and Dillin.

http://test.skimlinks.com/ (ignore this)

No comments:

Post a Comment