Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mrs. TLC?

So I was driving home after dinner with my dad tonight, and as I was getting on the highway, I was cut off by a car that had to swerve across 3 lanes of traffic to get in front of me and get on the highway. The license plate on this car? MRS TLC. Call me crazy, but I don't think swerving through three lanes of traffic and cutting somebody off shows that much TLC. Yes, the signage is a little strange, but wouldn't it have been easier to go up a light and do a U-turn?

Anyway, I'm not here to vent, I just hope others appreciate the irony as much as I do. :-)

So, I live on the first floor of an apartment complex, and my windows face the courtyard. Hailey and Dillin tend to go crazy barking when they see people or dogs walk by, so I've put up curtains to try to bring the insanity down. The problem?


No matter how many items I use to shove the patio door curtains against the door, Hailey always finds a way to create a hole. This one was exactly the size of her head. I had to wait for her to pull her head out of the hole to get this picture.

In a perfect world, I would somehow be able to train my dogs not to bark at everything that moves - by the way, they aren't as bad on the leash and they do very well (mostly) at the dog park. I don't know if they are trying to protect the house or what. All I know is I don't want to hear their hissy fits and my neighbors probably don't, either.

Hailey is much too smart for her own good. Dillin is my simple dog - if the window is covered, he forgets it's there. Hailey has a solution to EVERYTHING. If I throw something at her, I can literally see her looking at the problem and trying to solve it. Maybe I need to do more training with her and put that intelligence to a better use.

Speaking of Hailey, the other night, I apparently forgot to latch her kennel door, so after I turned out the lights, she slunk out of her crate and launched herself over me. 

Let me make this clear...

I have a VERY tall bed. Dillin is just barely able to get on it in the first place. Hailey managed to fly COMPLETELY OVER ME without so much as a tail hair touching me. 

So she lands right next to me, looks at me, and cocks her head, waiting to see if I'm going to yell at her or not.

All I could do was bust up laughing. It was so unexpected, and so perfect, I couldn't help myself. Once I started laughing, Hailey knew she wasn't in trouble, so she whipped over onto her back for me to rub her belly.

She is so silly. And SO smart.

Meanwhile, Dillin is sweetly stupid. A couple months ago, Hailey was laying on the top of the sofa with a bully stick. Dillin was on the seat of the sofa, and he wanted to jump up to the top of the sofa to steal the bully stick from Hailey.

My sofa is not that tall.

Dillin jumped straight up into the air with all four legs, did a belly flop back onto the sofa cushion, then looked around like he couldn't figure out why he wasn't up with Hailey.

He had forgotten to use any forward motion at all.

That's my Dillin.

You'll probably get plenty of stories about my crazy, goofy dogs. Hope you don't mind!

Sorry this post is a little all over the place. Sometimes that's just how my brain works.

Tomorrow I will try to post something more logical. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. A dog needs plenty of time and attention. It is not just about taking him for a walk regularly or giving him nutritious meals at the appointed time

    Dog Grooming Mississauga

    ReplyDelete