Saturday, September 15, 2012

Old Pics 2

Sorry, I have no brain cells left today, but I promised a dog blog, so you guys are stuck with pictures again.

;-)

Again, these pictures are 2-3 years old, so I don't remember a lot of the details (and sometimes I wish I could go back in time and do some more polishing).

OK, first up, we have a Shih Tzu. I think he was about a year old in this picture, in almost full coat. Some time after this picture was taken, we started taking him down to about an inch and a half - it was just too hard for his mom to keep up with the brushing.


I don't remember anything about this dog, but he sure is cute!!!


Yep, that's a mohawk on a depressed Cocker Spaniel.


Here's a front view of the same dog.


Here is another matted-dog before and after series. 


See how the hair on his neck is matted into pancakes? That can't possibly feel good for the poor guy. He probably also had a limited range of motion in his legs from being this matted.


This has to feel MUCH better!


I think this next dog was a Tibetan Terrier (mix?).


Here's a pretty Miniature Poodle.


And here's a Bichon Frise to finish us off. His head looks strange to me, but maybe they wanted the squarish look? Or maybe that's the best Bichon head I could do 3 years ago. I have no idea.


I'm planning a post on Portuguese Water Dogs soon, so keep a look out for that!

2 comments: