Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My "kids"

While I'm sure many of you didn't (and maybe still don't) agree with me getting another dog, watching the way way Hailey and Dillin interact makes my heart soar. When Hailey licks Dillin's eyes or Dillin licks inside her ears; when Dillin drags her around by her tail or when she humps him furiously; when they talk to each other in a language only they understand. All these things make me a happy, complete mother. Dexter was intended to be an only dog; he preferred human contact to being around other dogs. But Hailey and Dillin need each other - neither is complete without the other.

Some of you know that Dillin was bitten by another dog a couple days ago. He's healing just fine. I was supposed to keep the two of them separated for a couple of days, but I just couldn't keep them apart, so I've been letting them play under close supervision. Dillin's face seems to be healing just fine. I like to think interacting with Hailey is such a positive experience that it counteracts any negative impact playing may have.

Anyway, I think my whole point here is that I neither need nor want human children; any mothering instinct I may have is fulfilled by my fur kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment